Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Cabin Fever Realized

As you may have read, the kids are sick, apparently something called RSV and it ain't pretty.  Yep, it finally hit my 6 month old like ton of bricks yesterday.  We had two trips to the doctor, one planned and the other more of a not-so-much-an-emergency emergency  which included me breaking about 50 traffic laws and driving my Subaru wagon like I was Dr. Peter Venkman in the Ecto-1.  People don't know what to do when you drive like a maniac in the suburbs.  There is a delayed reaction when you go around them or when you don't give them the right away at a stop sign.  It's only about a three second delay, but the look is priceless.  As if they just saw a lion headed monkey eating a a bag of cool ranch Doritos.  Then that confusion turns to the standard grimace, middle fingers get jumpy and they yell (from behind closed windows - I always get a kick out of that, like yelling at the TV screen).  Anyhoot, we've got the boys on inhalers now and are starting to get them back to health.  My 2 1/2 year old goes back to school tomorrow and I for one am excited.  He's been out for a week and a half.  I miss our routine.

So to celebrate our last day of sick at home with nowhere to go, I thought I photo document some happenings.  Here's what we did today:












It was no Disneyland or even a trip to the toy aisle in Target but between making Ben's first fort, jamming out on the doggie guitar and getting ripped on some Albuterol inhalations, it was a fun day.  Now let's get back to normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment